ABIERTO MEXICANO TELCEL 2012
Mayer Makes Winning Acapulco Debut
by ATP Staff|
The 18th-ranked Mayer, who is making his debut at this ATP World Tour 500 tournament, went three for four on his break point opportunities while saving all five faced on serve to close out the victory in one hour and 13 minutes.
Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela was untroubled in his first-round match, dismissing Mexican wild card Cesar Ramirez 6-0, 6-2 in one hour and 10 minutes. The 33-year-old Chela won his first ATP World Tour title at this tournament in 2000 (d. Puerta) when it was held in Mexico City, and reclaimed the title seven years later in Acapulco (d. Moya).
- Murray, Isner To Join Ferrer In Acapulco
- Nadal Dethrones Ferrer For Acapulco Trophy
- Kubot/Marrero Win Acapulco Title On Team Debut
- Ferrer To Face Nadal In Acapulco Final
- Bhupathi Goes For Fifth Dubai Title With Llodra; Play Lindstedt/Zimonjic In Final
- Nadal To Play Almagro In Acapulco SFs; Ferrer Sails Through