ATP PLAYER NEWS
Bob Bryan Welcomes Baby Daughter
by ATP Staff|
The Bryans welcomed its newest generation Tuesday in Florida, with Bob Bryan and wife Michelle celebrating the birth of daughter Micaela Brooke Bryan at 7:31 p.m. She weighed in at seven pounds, two ounces, and measured 20.8 inches.
“Micaela Bryan was born last night, January 31, during the most amazing experience of my life,” Bob shared Wednesday, posting a photo of him holding his daughter. “She is sooo beautiful just like her mother. Both my girls are doing great! Thanks for all your nice messages. We can't thank you enough for your love and support!”
Mike Bryan, who was in California at the time, broke the news on Twitter shortly after the birth. “So excited to be an uncle,” he tweeted. “Baby Micaela and mommy are both doing fantastic. Congrats @Bryanbros and @MIAlva for their beautiful daughter!”
He shared two additional photos of his niece Wednesday, while en route to Florida:
* Off to Miami to see baby Micaela Bryan. Can't wait! http://t.co/DK4FxwPQ
* Love the wifi on AA flights! Another baby pic from 30,000 ft. http://t.co/4FSoxy2x
Bob had shared with ATPWorldTour.com, back in December, that they had chosen the name Micaela because it was the middle name of his wife’s grandmother and also similar to Michelle and Michael.
Mike joked at the time, “The name, Micaela, is a derivative of Mike, which is kind of cool. If I have a girl, I might now have to name her ‘Bobette’ or ‘Bobina’, haha.”
Congratulatory messages poured in for the happy new family on Twitter, including one from Mahesh Bhupathi, whose daughter was born 11 days earlier. “bobby B big congrats to you and MB .. Very happy, get ready for the long nights bro :)”, wrote the new father.
Meanwhile, Justin Gimelstob looked farther into the future. “congrats 2 @Bryanbros @Mialva on the birth of their daughter Michaela, 1/2 of future greatest women's doubles team of all-time was just born!”
- Bryans Start Bid; Paes Records 700th Doubles Match Win
- Bryans Looking To Peak At Right Time In Rome
- Bryans Capture 106th Title In Monte-Carlo
- Doubles Q1 Review: Are Bryan Bros. Back On Track?
- Bryans Keep United States Alive; Brazil Surges Ahead
- Team USA Supports Berger In Glasgow On Quest For Honda Classic Title