Djokovic Named Men’s ITWA Ambassador Of The Year
by Press Release|
Novak Djokovic was presented here today with his award as one of the International Tennis Writers Association’s Ambassadors of the Year. Djokovic was presented with his award by Paul Newman, co-president of ITWA, after reaching the semi-finals of the Dubai Duty Free Championships.
ITWA’s awards recognise a combination of achievements on the court, conduct that shows tennis in the best possible light and co-operation with the media. ITWA (www.itwa.org) represents the world’s leading tennis journalists. Caroline Wozniacki won the women’s award.
Djokovic enjoyed one of the greatest seasons in tennis history last year, winning three Grand Slam tournaments and seven other titles. He won 41 matches in succession at the start of the year and replaced Rafael Nadal as world No 1.
Sebastian Fest, the other co-president of ITWA, said: "Novak Djokovic had a great year on the court, but he has also been a great ambassador for tennis. There are always big demands on the time of players who are so successful and he has been very professional in his dealings with the media. He set a very good example to his fellow players."
- Djokovic "Extremely Motivated And Inspired" In New York
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Djokovic Stars With David Letterman
- Ice, Ice Djokovic Completes #IceBucketChallenge
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Djokovic: 'I Expected More From Myself'