SONY ERICSSON OPEN 2012
Bryans Record 45-Minute Win; Join Mirnyi/Nestor In Second Round
by ATP Staff|
The American twins, who captured the 2007 and 2008 Miami titles, dropped just seven points on their serves and converted three of six break point opportunities. They have a 36-11 record at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 hard-court tournament and will next challenge Marcelo Melo and Juan Monaco in the second round.
Second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, last year's finalists, required 89 minutes to beat Eric Butorac and Bruno Soares 6-3, 7-6(4). The duo has won two ATP World Tour titles this year - at the Brisbane International and Regions Morgan Keegan Championships - and have a 16-4 match record.
Sixth-seeded Indians and recent Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship titlists, Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, topped Jurgen Melzer and Jamie Murray 7-5, 6-3 in 64 minutes. They next play Marcel Granollers and Rafael Nadal.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown