SONY ERICSSON OPEN 2012
Mirnyi/Nestor Into Final
by ATP Staff|
India’s Leander Paes is one win away from a third consecutive Sony Ericsson Open doubles title – with three different partners – after teaming with Czech Radek Stepanek to beat top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan 6-4, 6-4 Thursday in Miami. Teaming permanently for the first time in 2012, Paes and Stepanek repeated their Australian Open final victory over the Bryans, who faced 11 break points in the match, dropping serve three times.
Paes won the Miami title last year with countryman Mahesh Bhupathi and in 2010 with Lukas Dlouhy.
Second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor advanced to their third final of the season following a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna. The Belarusian-Canadian duo, winners in Brisbane and Memphis this year, won 89 per cent of points on first serve and saved all six break points they faced to advance in 55 minutes.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect