SONY ERICSSON OPEN 2012
Mirnyi/Nestor Into Final
by ATP Staff|
India’s Leander Paes is one win away from a third consecutive Sony Ericsson Open doubles title – with three different partners – after teaming with Czech Radek Stepanek to beat top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan 6-4, 6-4 Thursday in Miami. Teaming permanently for the first time in 2012, Paes and Stepanek repeated their Australian Open final victory over the Bryans, who faced 11 break points in the match, dropping serve three times.
Paes won the Miami title last year with countryman Mahesh Bhupathi and in 2010 with Lukas Dlouhy.
Second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor advanced to their third final of the season following a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna. The Belarusian-Canadian duo, winners in Brisbane and Memphis this year, won 89 per cent of points on first serve and saved all six break points they faced to advance in 55 minutes.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown