POWER HORSE WORLD TEAM CUP 2012
Croatia Confirms World Team Cup Participation
by Press Release|
Croatia is the latest nation to confirm its participation at the 2012 Power Horse World Team Cup in Dusseldorf, joining Serbia, Czech Republic, and Germany. The Croatians will be represented by Marin Cilic, Ivan Dodig and Ivo Karlovic.
Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic is one of two Top 10 players in the South African Airways ATP Rankings confirmed for the team event in Dusseldorf, which will be contested between 20-26 May. The World No. 10 joined No. 7-ranked Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic in the field.
Tournament Director Dietloff von Arnim said, "Serbia is surely among the title favourites. Especially, because they became the 2009 Tennis World Team Champions in Dusseldorf with exactly the same line-up."
Tipsarevic, Troicki and Zimonjic won the 2009 championship with victory over host nation Germany in the final. Looking back, Zimonjic, who then acted as team captain, recalls, "In Serbia, the first international success of our team was celebrated on a large scale."
Nations Confirmed For 2012
- Cilic Withdraws From Australian Open
- Djokovic Downed By Karlovic In Doha, Berdych Blasts Into SF
- Karlovic Reaches 9,000 Aces Milestone
- Cilic Forced Out Of Brisbane; Matosevic Joins Field
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Wawrinka To Play Federer In Semis, Finishes Group A With 2-1 Record