AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Del Potro On Grass Court Mission
by Press Release|
Del Potro, who won the US Open in spectacular fashion in 2009 before suffering a debilitating wrist injury which kept him out for a year, is determined to show his ability when he arrives at The Queen’s Club, and then take it on to The Championships, Wimbledon.
"I like the surface, I’m not a grass-court specialist, but I’m improving," said Del Potro. "The AEGON Championships at Queen’s is an amazing tournament, very nice to come to, to play, to train and I will be there for sure trying to win my first title on grass. I think that if I play my best tennis I have a chance to win a Grand Slam on grass but it will be very difficult."
Currently ranked No.9 in the world, Del Potro is the third Top 10 player to join the field after defending champion Andy Murray and last year’s runner-up Jo Wilfried Tsonga both signed up.
To watch an exclusive video interview with Del Potro, click here.
To apply for media accreditation, please click here.
The official ticket ballot is now closed, but fans can still watch the tournament in style and entertain guests via a Hospitality Package. They are now on-sale here.
The AEGON Championships will be broadcast live, every day from 11th-17th June, on BBC Television and Eurosport.
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations