ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 15
Brown/Hanley Edge Into Casablanca Final
by ATP Staff|
Brown and Hanley edged Marrero and Melo 93 to 92 in total points won to claim the hard-fought win in one hour and 55 minutes.
The German-Australian pair, joining forces for the first time this week, also won their quarter-final encounter against Alexandr Dolgopolov and Malek Jaziri 6-3, 6-4. The match had been delayed by rain on Thursday.
In the final, Brown and Hanley will square off against No. 4 seeds Daniele Bracciali and Fabio Fognini, who rallied to defeat Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer 5-7, 6-4, 11-9. The Italians are also making their team debut at the ATP World Tour 250 event.
At the US Men’s Clay Court Championship in Houston, James Blake and Sam Querrey overcame Ivo Karlovic and Frank Moser 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 to reach the final. Entering the event, the American tandem had lost all four of their previous matches.
Ingot is into his first ATP World Tour doubles final, while Huey is making his second appearance. The two have captured three ATP Challenger team titles.
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- New Teams Make Impact In Opening Weeks Of Season
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances