ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 15
Brown/Hanley Edge Into Casablanca Final
by ATP Staff|
Brown and Hanley edged Marrero and Melo 93 to 92 in total points won to claim the hard-fought win in one hour and 55 minutes.
The German-Australian pair, joining forces for the first time this week, also won their quarter-final encounter against Alexandr Dolgopolov and Malek Jaziri 6-3, 6-4. The match had been delayed by rain on Thursday.
In the final, Brown and Hanley will square off against No. 4 seeds Daniele Bracciali and Fabio Fognini, who rallied to defeat Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer 5-7, 6-4, 11-9. The Italians are also making their team debut at the ATP World Tour 250 event.
At the US Men’s Clay Court Championship in Houston, James Blake and Sam Querrey overcame Ivo Karlovic and Frank Moser 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 to reach the final. Entering the event, the American tandem had lost all four of their previous matches.
Ingot is into his first ATP World Tour doubles final, while Huey is making his second appearance. The two have captured three ATP Challenger team titles.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown