ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 15
Butorac/Soares Cruise In Casablanca
by ATP Staff|
Eric Butorac and Bruno Soares, the No. 2 seeds, needed just 46 minutes to dismiss Germans Matthias Bachinger and Florian Mayer 6-1, 6-2 in their first round match Wednesday at the Grand Prix Hassan II.
Butorac and Soares, who capitalised on four of their seven break point opportunities, are aiming to win their second clay-court title of the season following their triumph in Sao Paulo.
Fourth-seeded Italians Daniele Bracciali and Fabio Fognini booked their place in the semi-finals after defeating Britons Jonathan Marray and Jamie Murray 6-4, 6-4. Bracciali and Fognini are making their partnership debut this week.
Knowles and Malisse are looking to win their second title of the season, having lifted the trophy at the SAP Open in San Jose. They face Treat Conrad Huey and Dominic Inglot in the quarter-finals. Huey and Inglot beat Tatsuma Ito and Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6(6).
James Blake and Sam Querrey topped Joao Souza and Horacio Zeballos 2-6, 7-6(10), 10-8 in one hour and 37 minutes. The American pair squares off against top seeds Alex Bogomolov Jr. and Scott Lipsky next.
Fourth seeds Johan Brunstrom and Dick Norman defeated British tandem Jamie Delgado and Ken Skupski 6-4, 6-7(6), 10-5. In the final eight, Brunstrom and Norman play wild cards Bobby Reynolds and Michael Russell, 6-3, 6-3 winners over countrymen James Cerretani and John Paul Fruttero.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown