BRD NASTASE TIRAC TROPHY 2012
Seppi Battles Past Rufin; Dodig Falls To Qualifier
by ATP Staff|
Sixth-seeded Italian Andreas Seppi hit six aces and converted four of eight break point opportunities to beat French qualifier Guillaume Rufin 1-6, 7-6(5), 6-4 in two hours and 24 minutes on Tuesday at the BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy.
Brands will next face Estonian qualifier Jurgen Zopp, who hit six aces and won 70 per cent of his service points to beat Romanian wild card Victor Crivoi 6-3, 6-3 in 87 minutes. World No. 125 Zopp qualified for his first Grand Slam championship at the Australian Open in January.
Israeli Dudi Sela defeated top Romanian Adrian Ungur 7-6(2), 6-2 to set up a second-round meeting with top seed Gilles Simon, a two-time champion at this ATP World Tour 250 tournament. Sela has lost to Simon in their previous two encounters, including earlier this year at the BNP Paribas Open.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych, Raonic Headline Clay Contests
- Dimitrov Clinches Bucharest Crown; Second Title Of 2014
- Tecau Clinches Bucharest Treble With Rojer; Huta Galung/Robert Win In Barcelona
- Dimitrov To Play Defending Champion Rosol For Bucharest Crown
- Dimitrov Remains On Course In Bucharest; Monfils Saves Six M.P.
- Monfils Opens Campaign; Haase Sets Istomin Clash