AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Revitalised Roddick Targets Record Fifth Queen's Title
by Press Release|
The American, who won the title in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007, and reached finals at The Championships, Wimbledon in 2004, 2005 and 2009, is now fully fit after a difficult year. He scored an impressive win over Roger Federer last week and can't wait to return to the AEGON Championships.
"I love coming back to the Queen's Club," said Roddick. "There's so much history there and it's one of my favourite tournaments on the Tour. It's hard to believe I've won a tournament as strong as this (the AEGON Championships) four times and I'd love to win it again."
A hamstring injury and an ankle problem interrupted his Australian campaign and prevented him from building the momentum he was looking for in February, but Roddick is now looking forward.
"I feel like something good is coming," said Roddick, who won the US Open and landed the World No.1 ranking in 2003.
The AEGON Championships will be broadcast every day by BBC Television and Eurosport, with coverage also on BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website.
- Lendl and Berdych To Face Murray and Henman In Rally Against Cancer
- Tsonga Convinced He Can Win A Grand Slam Title
- Andy Roddick Foundation Announces New Board of Directors
- Murray To Feature In "Rally Against Cancer" For Hutchins
- Roddick Plays In First Golf Tournament
- Murray Targets Third Queen's Title