ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 18
Top Pairing Reaches Munich SFs
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Frantisek Cermak and Filip Polasek advanced to the semi-finals of the BMW Open in Munich on Thursday as they defeated Croatian pairing Marin Cilic and Lovro Zovko 6-1, 6-4. Cermak and Polasek broke serve five times from 11 opportunities and won 72 per cent of points on serve to claim victory in 63 minutes.
Belgians Xavier Malisse and Dick Norman ended the campaign of first-time pairing Michael Kohlmann and Jamie Murray with a 7-6(2), 6-3 victory. Malisse and Norman converted three of their 12 break points to prevail in 84 minutes. For a place in the final they will face Germans Dustin Brown and Alexander Waske, who cruised past Colombians Alejandro Falla and Santiago Giraldo 6-2, 6-1.
At the Estoril Open, French duo Richard Gasquet and Edouard Roger-Vasselin ousted third seeds Paul Hanley and Marcelo Melo 5-7, 6-1, 10-1 in the quarter-finals. They are playing just their third tournament together.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect