ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 18
Butorac/Soares Upset In Estoril Opener
by ATP Staff|
The Russian and Uzbekistani pairing of Mikhail Elgin and Denis Istomin knocked out No. 2 seeds Eric Butorac and Bruno Soares 6-2, 6-4 on Tuesday at the Estoril Open. Butorac and Soares have a 2-8 record since winning the clay-court title in February at the Brasil Open.
Elgin and Istomin are teaming up for the fifth time this year and achieved their best result in Delray Beach, where they reached the semi-finals.
Third seeds Paul Hanley and Marcelo Melo made their way safely through to the quarter-finals with a 7-6(10), 3-6, 10-6 win over Jamie Delgado and Ken Skupski in one hour and 43 minutes. Hanley and Melo are making their partnership debut this week.
In the only doubles match Tuesday at the BMW Open in Munich, Colombians Alejandro Falla and Santiago Giraldo notched their team’s first tour-level match win (1-10) by defeating Michal Mertinak and Andre Sa 6-4, 7-6(3).
At the Serbia Open 2012 in Belgrade, Pablo Andujar and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez prevailed against the Serbian duo of Ilija Bozoljac and Nikola Cacic 2-6, 6-2, 15-13. Meanwhile, Martin Emmrich and Andreas Siljestrom defeated Italians Andreas Seppi and Filippo Volandri 3-6, 6-4, 10-4.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown