ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 18
Top Duos Advance in Belgrade, Estoril
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau continued their winning ways with a 6-3, 6-3 win over the Serbian-Montenegrin wild card team of Marko Djokovic and Goran Tosic on Wednesday at the Serbia Open 2012. Lindstedt and Tecau won their first title of the year on Sunday in Bucharest.
Second seeds Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram snapped a four-match losing streak by defeating Rameez Junaid and Lukas Lacko 7-6(0), 6-7(5), 10-3. Third seeds Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram also advanced to the Belgrade quarter-finals, dismissing Travis Parrott and Igor Zelenay 7-5, 6-3.
Two seeded duos crashed out in their first-round matches at the BMW Open in Munich. Second seeds Oliver Marach and Alexander Peya lost to the German pairing of Dustin Brown and Alexander Waske 7-5, 6-1, while No. 3 seeds Santiago Gonzalez and Christopher Kas were edged by Belgians Xavier Malisse and Dick Norman 6-3, 7-6(5).
Marach and Peya had captured the clay-court title in Hamburg on their team’s last visit to Germany in 2011 and were coming off a semi-final showing in Barcelona. Gonzalez and Kas, Australian Open quarter-finalists this year, lost their opening match for the fifth time in six tournaments.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown