MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2012
Poles Edge Mirnyi/Nestor To Reach Final
by ATP Staff|
In a big-serving performance, the ‘Polish Power’ fired 15 aces as they advanced to their third ATP World Tour final of the season. They triumphed on clay at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell two weeks ago (d. Granollers/Lopez) and finished runners-up in Dubai (l. to Bhupathi/Bopanna).
The fourth seeds will contest the Madrid final for the third time. When the tournament was staged on indoor hard court, they were runners-up in 2007 (l. to Bryans) but won the title a year later (d. Bhupathi/Knowles).
The Swedish/Romanian tandem are also through to their third final of the year. They lost out in the Rotterdam title match (l. to Llodra/Zimonjic) but were victorious on clay in Bucharest (d. Chardy/Kubot).
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Matkowski/Paes Triumph In Kuala Lumpur
- 'Polish Power' Back To Winning Ways In Metz
- Doubles Description: Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1