INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA 2012
Rome Singles Final Rescheduled For Monday
by ATP Staff|
The Internazionali BNL d’Italia final between World No. 1 Novak Djokovic and five-time champion Rafael Nadal has been rescheduled for Monday, 12 noon local time, 6am EDT after persistent rain suspended play in Rome Sunday.
The men’s doubles final, won by Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez, and the women’s singles and doubles finals were all completed, but conditions worsened as the evening went on, making the court unsuitable for the replay of the 2011 singles final.
Should Nadal avenge last year’s final defeat to Djokovic, he will reclaim the No. 2 South African Airways ATP Ranking. Roger Federer moved ahead of the Spaniard this past Monday after capturing the Mutua Madrid Open title.
- Djokovic Donates Rome Prize Money To Help Flood Relief Efforts
- The Last Time... With Nestor & Zimonjic
- Dimitrov, Nadal, Murray Feature In Best Rome Hot Shots
- Brain Game: How Novak Tamed Rafa
- Djokovic Triumphs In Rome; Steps Up Bid For Return To No. 1
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Monaco and Isner Headline Clay Events