ROLAND GARROS 2012
Mirnyi/Nestor Start Doubles Title Defence
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds and defending champions Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor got their Roland Garros campaign off to a fine start on Wednesday when they beat Robin Haase and Jarkko Nieminen 6-3, 6-4 in 61 minutes. The pair lost 16 points on their serves and are now 27-9 on the season.
Second seeds and 2003 titlists Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan converted six of 10 break point opportunities to beat Sergiy Stakhovsky and Mikhail Youzhny 7-5, 6-3 in 67 minutes. They are now 42-12 on Parisian clay as they begin their quest for a 79th tour-level crown.
Eighth seeds Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Kohlschreiber defeated Julian Knowle and Leonardo Mayer 6-3, 6-4 in 73 minutes, while ninth seeds Frantisek Cermak and Filip Polasek overcame Colombians Alejandro Falla and Santiago Giraldo 7-6(1), 7-5 in one hour and 33 minutes.
Tenth seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer proved too strong for Frenchmen Nicolas Dasnieres de Veigy and Nicolas Renavand in a 6-3, 6-2 victory. Elsewhere, No. 15 seeds Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram and No. 16 seeds and last year's finalists Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah also reached the second round.
- How Well Does Kokkinakis Know Murray?
- Murray Extends Clay Wins Streak, Opens Bid At Roland Garros
- Berdych Aggressive In Paris Opener; Gabashvili Beats Lopez
- Aussies Advance To Roland Garros Second Round; Robredo Beats Golubev
- Simon Notches 350th Win To Reach Roland Garros 2R; Monfils Advances
- Nishikori Back On Track With Opening Win