GERRY WEBER OPEN 2012
Federer Gets His Own Allee In Halle
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer has 16 Grand Slam trophies, 19 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles, an Olympic gold medal and now, his own street. Officials in Halle, Germany, have paid tribute to Federer by creating ‘Roger-Federer-Allee’.
Halle is host to the Gerry Weber Open, an event Federer has won five times. The street leads to the main stadium, Weststrasse, which has crowned champions including Federer, Lleyton Hewitt, Tommy Haas and Tomas Berdych in recent years. When informed about the gesture, Federer said it was “an amazing honour” and that he was “extremely humbled”.
The sign will be erected before this year's Gerry Weber Open begins on 11 June.
Federer most recently lifted the Halle trophy in 2008, when he defeated Philipp Kohlschreiber. The 30-year-old Federer has a 36-4 event record, winning 29 of his past 30 matches.
- Fan Wins Special Federer Meeting In Dubai
- Federer Wins Seventh Dubai Crown
- Watch Dubai Hot Shot: Federer Pulverises Backhand Winner
- Brain Game: Federer Rides Hyper-Aggressive Game Plan To Victory
- Federer Surpasses 9,000 Aces Mark, Re-live Matches With Most Aces
- Djokovic & Federer To Ratchet Up Rivalry In Dubai Final