ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 24
Erlich/Ram Upset Lindstedt/Tecau In London
by ATP Staff|
The Israeli duo is aiming to win its second title of the season, having lifted the trophy in Belgrade (d. Emmrich/Siljestrom). Erlich is a former champion at the Queen's Club, partnering Novak Djokovic to the 2010 title.
Fifth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, coming off a first-round exit at Roland Garros, defeated Marcos Baghdatis and Jamie Murray 6-3, 7-6(5). They will play the winner of top seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, and wild cards Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick next.
Sixth-seeded home pair Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins cruised into the quarter-finals with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Steve Darcis and Olivier Rochus. The British pair capitalised on six of their 10 break point opportunities to claim the second-round win in just 54 minutes.
At the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Treat Conrad Huey and Scott Lipsky knocked out second seeds Frantisek Cermak and Julian Knowle 6-3, 5-7, 10-6 to reach the semi-finals. Huey and Lipsky are teaming up for the second time this season, after bowing out in their first-round match in Auckland.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown