Nadal-Federer Rivalry Goes Viral
by Paul Macpherson|
Nadal has steadily reduced Federer’s lead in recent months and, for the first time this week, pulled ahead of Federer in terms of most followers - but only just! Earlier today Nadal had 10,784,540 fans, less than 200 ahead of Federer with 10,784,385.
Nadal and Federer rank eighth and ninth respectively among global athletes for the most Facebook fans.
Nadal’s fan base was boosted by his seventh win at Roland Garros. A behind-the-scenes photo of Rafa in the locker room immediately after his four-set win over Novak Djokovic in the Roland Garros final attracted more than 260,000 likes and more than 33,000 comments.
Federer, who is less active than Nadal on Facebook, saw more than 190,000 ‘like’ his post from Halle about having a street named after him.
- 2014 By The Numbers: Match Wins and Movers
- Federer And Wawrinka Set To Battle For A Cause
- 2014 By The Numbers: Longest And Shortest Matches
- 2014 By The Numbers: First-Time Winners, Qualifiers, and Doubles
- 2014 By The Numbers: Title Leaders, Winners By Age
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: 2014 Best Under Pressure