Nadal-Federer Rivalry Goes Viral
by Paul Macpherson|
Nadal has steadily reduced Federer’s lead in recent months and, for the first time this week, pulled ahead of Federer in terms of most followers - but only just! Earlier today Nadal had 10,784,540 fans, less than 200 ahead of Federer with 10,784,385.
Nadal and Federer rank eighth and ninth respectively among global athletes for the most Facebook fans.
Nadal’s fan base was boosted by his seventh win at Roland Garros. A behind-the-scenes photo of Rafa in the locker room immediately after his four-set win over Novak Djokovic in the Roland Garros final attracted more than 260,000 likes and more than 33,000 comments.
Federer, who is less active than Nadal on Facebook, saw more than 190,000 ‘like’ his post from Halle about having a street named after him.
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Nadal Withdraws From US Open
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress