GRASS COURT NEWS 2012
Nadal, Federer Headline Halle Field; Murray Back In London
by ATP Staff|
Headlining the packed field on the grass courts in Germany are World No. 2 Rafael Nadal, who returns to the ATP World Tour 250 event for the first time in seven years, and five-time champion Roger Federer, who is looking to win his first title at the tournament since 2008.
Nadal lost his only previous match in 2005 when he entered the tournament on the back of his first Roland Garros triumph. Seventh-ranked Tomas Berdych, the 2007 titlist, and last year’s victor, Philipp Kohlschreiber, are among the contenders looking to upstage Nadal and Federer.
At The Queen’s Club, fourth-ranked defending champion Andy Murray will be the top seed, looking to win his third title on home soil. World No. 5 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, runner-up to Murray in 2011, also returns, as does eighth-ranked Janko Tipsarevic.
Four-time winners Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt will each look to win their first title of the season. Additionally, the top two doubles pairs, Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, and Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, will aim to make a smooth transition from clay to grass.
- Ross Hutchins Named Queen's Tournament Director
- Shanghai, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2013 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Murray Confirms Queen's Club Title Defence
- ATP Announces Multi-Year Prize Money Increases Across ATP World Tour 500 Tournaments
- Federer "Fit And Fresh" For Wimbledon Defence
- Federer Rejoins Winners' Circle With Sixth Halle Title