AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Nalbandian Issues Apology Following Default
by ATP Staff|
“I never intended to hit him, it was an unfortunate reaction in which I wanted to let off steam after losing a point,” said the Argentine. “I had the opportunity to personally apologise to the line umpire for this regrettable act that I am fully responsible for.”
He also extended his apologies to the crowd, Tournament Director and to his followers in Argentina and around the world.
Nalbandian was defaulted in the Queen’s Club final after his kick to the front of a three-sided sponsor’s advertising board struck a linesman’s left leg, leaving his shin bloodied.
- Ross Hutchins Named Queen's Tournament Director
- Shanghai, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2013 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Murray Confirms Queen's Club Title Defence
- Player Farewells In 2013 - Part One
- ATP Announces Multi-Year Prize Money Increases Across ATP World Tour 500 Tournaments
- Del Potro Lifts Spirits In Damp Tokyo, Pays Tribute To Nalbandian