AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Nalbandian Issues Apology Following Default
by ATP Staff|
“I never intended to hit him, it was an unfortunate reaction in which I wanted to let off steam after losing a point,” said the Argentine. “I had the opportunity to personally apologise to the line umpire for this regrettable act that I am fully responsible for.”
He also extended his apologies to the crowd, Tournament Director and to his followers in Argentina and around the world.
Nalbandian was defaulted in the Queen’s Club final after his kick to the front of a three-sided sponsor’s advertising board struck a linesman’s left leg, leaving his shin bloodied.
- Lendl and Berdych To Face Murray and Henman In Rally Against Cancer
- Tsonga Convinced He Can Win A Grand Slam Title
- Murray To Feature In "Rally Against Cancer" For Hutchins
- Nadal Beats Nalbandian To Win 37th Clay Title
- Nadal To Face Nalbandian In Sao Paulo Final
- Nadal Rallies Past Berlocq In Sao Paulo QFs; Nalbandian Edges Almagro