AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Nalbandian Issues Apology Following Default
by ATP Staff|
“I never intended to hit him, it was an unfortunate reaction in which I wanted to let off steam after losing a point,” said the Argentine. “I had the opportunity to personally apologise to the line umpire for this regrettable act that I am fully responsible for.”
He also extended his apologies to the crowd, Tournament Director and to his followers in Argentina and around the world.
Nalbandian was defaulted in the Queen’s Club final after his kick to the front of a three-sided sponsor’s advertising board struck a linesman’s left leg, leaving his shin bloodied.
- Indian Wells, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2014 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Dimitrov Saves Match Point To Triumph At Queen's
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer, Gasquet Headline Grass Events
- Peya/Soares Capture Queen's Doubles Crown
- Tennis World Unites At Rally For Bally
- Dimitrov Reaches First Grass-Court Final, Faces Lopez