ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 25
Lindstedt/Tecau Win Second Den Bosch Crown
by ATP Staff|
The Swedish/Romanian pair fired 10 aces, winning 82 per cent of their service points. They wrapped up the final victory in 73 minutes to clinch the title without dropping a set, improving their event record to an 11-1 mark.
“The tournament has been very generous to us. We pick up our game here and play really well,” Lindstedt said. “To win today against two strong players is a great confidence booster for Wimbledon.”
Lindstedt and Tecau are 2-2 in title matches this season, having triumphed in Bucharest and finishing runner-up in Madrid and Rotterdam. The last two seasons, Lindstedt and Tecau went on to reach the Wimbledon final following their strong showings in 's-Hertogenbosch.
Reflecting on their goal for Wimbledon, Lindstedt stated, “If we said anything less than winning it, we'd be stupid. We have a very tough first match, so the focus lies on that. If you look too far ahead in the draw, you'll stumble on your own shoelaces. We're focusing on that first match and then hopefully we can get the ball rolling.”
Cabal and Tursunov were appearing in their first final together. Tursunov dropped to a 5-5 final record while Cabal fell to 0-2.
- Rojer/Tecau Lift Rotterdam Doubles Trophy
- Paes/Hingis Win Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Get Italians Bolelli/Fognini In Semi-Finals
- New Teams Make Impact In Opening Weeks Of Season
- Bryans’ 100th Title, Zimonjic 600th Win Lead Doubles Storylines In 2014