THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Brunstrom/Marx Upset Poles; Bhupathi/Bopanna Win
by ATP Staff|
Brunstrom and Marx capitalised on three of their six break opportunities and hit 14 aces past the ‘Polish Power’ to seal the win in two hours and 33 minutes. Though Fyrstenberg and Matkowski fired 20 aces, they also committed 14 double faults to make their fifth opening-round exit at the All England Club.
Seventh seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna made a strong start to their title campaign, dismissing Marcel Felder and Malek Jaziri 6-0, 7-6(1), 6-2. Bhupathi and Bopanna saved all five break points they faced in the 96-minute victory.
Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra, the 2007 champions, defeated Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo and Albert Ramos 6-2, 6-2, 6-7(4), 6-0. The Frenchmen converted eight of their 20 break point chances to advance in two hours and 12 minutes.
Former Australian Open titlists Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram battled past Treat Conrad Huey and Dominic Inglot 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(6), 9-7. The Israeli tandem reached the semi-finals at The Championships in 2003.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown