2012 PLAYER NEWS
Wawrinka Gets In Touch With His Evil Side
by ATP Staff|
Look out Novak Djokovic. There’s a new joker on the ATP World Tour.
Stanislas Wawrinka recently attended the Cannes Film Festival and had an opportunity to be transformed into his favourite movie antagonist. The Swiss selected the Joker from “The Dark Night”, a movie from Christopher Nolan’s Batman film series. The evil, but playful, character was portrayed by the late Heath Ledger, who posthumously received an Academy Award for his work.
“When I was asked to slip into the skin of a bad boy, my Top 3 were the Joker, Scarface and Michael Corleone,” said Wawrinka. “I like the Joker from the last Batman, ‘The Dark Knight’ . The movie is very black, and there are some great and very actual scenes.”
As to whether Wawrinka could relate to the Joker, he said, “I wouldn't say that I'm evil on court. But you have to be tough and also egotistical unfortunately.”
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Nadal Chases Ninth Monte-Carlo Title
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Clay Season Under Way With Houston, Casablanca
- Federer Saves Swiss Hopes; Monfils Completes French Comeback
- Federer, Wawrinka Attempt Comeback Against Kazakhstan
- Federer, Wawrinka Spearhead Swiss Challenge
- Best Off-Court Moments Of 2014