THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Mike Bryan Partners Raymond To Wimbledon Mixed Title
by ATP Staff|
Seeded second, Bryan and Raymond won 72 per cent of their first serve points and broke the Indian/Russian duo four times to seal the win in two hours and 24 minutes.
“It was a blast playing with Lisa all week. Obviously the match was up and down. We could have closed it out there in straights,” said Bryan. “Unfortunately, I got broken. We had match points. She's pretty resilient. We fought through the adversity. She kept raising her game and kind of carried me through the finish.”
For Bryan and Raymond, the victory marked their first title together since 2003 at Roland Garros. They also triumphed at the 2002 US Open.
“It's good to rekindle a special bond we have. We're looking forward to hopefully playing the Olympics,” Bryan said. “That's why we jumped in here. She emailed me first, and I'd like to play with the No. 1 player in the world anytime.”
Paes and Vesnina finished runner-up for the second time this season, after losing in the Australian Open final to Horia Tecau and Bethanie Mattek-Sands. Paes has won six mixed doubles crowns, with his latest coming two years ago at The Championships alongside Cara Black.
- Peya/Soares Capture Munich Doubles Title
- Bryans Capture 106th Title In Monte-Carlo
- Doubles Q1 Review: Are Bryan Bros. Back On Track?
- Bryans Keep United States Alive; Brazil Surges Ahead
- Team USA Supports Berger In Glasgow On Quest For Honda Classic Title
- Bryan Brothers Are Quick At The Net In Delray Beach 1R Win