SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2012
Lindstedt/Tecau Win Third Straight Bastad Title
by ATP Staff|
The top seeds defeated Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares 6-3, 7-6(5) to improve to a 9-9 record in tour-level finals. Lindstedt served for the match at 5-4, but was broken to 15, before contesting a tense tie-break for victory in 87 minutes.
Lindstedt and Tecau share €19,660 in prize money and earn 250 ATP Doubles Team Rankings points, while Peya and Soares split €10,330 and 150 points.
"It's unreal to win a home title three years in a row," said Lindstedt. "It's been unreal, we came here almost like in a coma [after Wimbledon]. We have been very, very tired all week, but we have managed to raise our game to play our best tennis for the semis and the final."
Tecau said, "We are very happy to get the third title here as it's a special tournament for Robert and me also."
The 35-year-old Lindstedt is now 15-16 in title matches, while 27-year-old Tecau improves to 12-11 overall in finals.
The Bastad title went some way in making up for the disappointment of losing their third successive Wimbledon final (l. to Marray-Nielsen) last weekend.
- Doubles Stars Team With Journalists In Bucharest
- Rojer/Tecau Lift Rotterdam Doubles Trophy
- Paes/Hingis Win Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Get Italians Bolelli/Fognini In Semi-Finals
- New Teams Make Impact In Opening Weeks Of Season