ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 29
Granollers/Lopez Clinch Second Title Of 2012
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez won their second ATP World Tour title of the season on Sunday as they defeated Colombians Robert Farah and Santiago Giraldo 6-4, 7-6(9) in the final of the Crédit Agricole Suisse Open Gstaad.
The Spaniards converted two of their nine break points and won 79 per cent of points behind their first serve to clinch victory in one hour and 37 minutes. They earned 250 ATP World Tour ranking points and €19,660 in prize money. They started the week at sixth in the ATP Doubles Team Rankings Race To London.
"I'm very happy to win here with Marc," said Granollers. "We have been fighting to reach such titles for a long time. We played very well this week."
Granollers and Lopez were contesting their second ATP World Tour final in as many weeks and their fifth of the season. They were victorious at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome (d. Kubot/Tipsarevic) and finished runners-up at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel in Acapulco (l. to Marrero/Verdasco), the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell (l. to Fyrstenberg/Matkowski) and at last week’s ATP Vegeta Croatia Open Umag (l. to Marrero/Verdasco).
"We go there with a lot of confidence after winning here," said Granollers. "However the tournament will be on a completely different surface and we will give our best."
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown