ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 30
Top Duos To Meet In Kitzbuhel Final
by ATP Staff|
The top two seeds will face off in the bet-at-home Cup Kitzbuhel doubles final after both tandems prevailed in a Match Tie-break on Friday.
Top seeds Frantisek Cermak and Julian Knowle battled past No. 4 seeds Mikhail Elgin and Frank Moser 6-4, 6-7(4), 10-8 in one hour and 53 minutes, while second-seeded Dustin Brown and Paul Hanley edged Dick Norman and Alexander Waske 3-6, 6-1, 10-8 in one hour and 17 minutes.
Cermak and Knowle won the clay-court title 10 years ago in Umag on their partnership debut and are playing in their fifth tournament together. Brown and Hanley are undefeated as a duo, having won the Casablanca title this past April in their team’s only previous appearance.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown