BET-AT-HOME CUP KITZBÜHEL 2012
Klizan Wins Kitzbühel Opener; Zopp Ousts Garcia-Lopez
by ATP Staff|
World No. 62 Klizan won 81 per cent of his first serve points to notch his fifth tour-level win in 12 matches this season. The 23-year-old Slovakian has won three ATP World Tour Challenger titles and reached the second round at Roland Garros and Wimbledon.
The Estonian is ranked a career high No. 80 in this week’s South African Airways ATP Rankings. In his previous tournament, Zopp advanced to the SkiStar Swedish Open quarter-finals (l. to Hajek). He successfully qualified into the first three Grand Slam events of the year.
Filippo Volandri overcame a slow start to beat his fellow Italian Alessandro Giannessi 1-6, 6-4, 6-3 in one hour and 50 minutes. In February, Volandri lost to Nicolas Almagro in the Brasil Open 2012 final at Sao Paulo.
Hungarian qualifier Attila Balazs overcame Austrian wild card Martin Fischer 6-3, 1-6, 7-6(2) in just over two hours. Three months ago, the 23-year-old Balazs qualified for the BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy and reached the semi-finals (l. to Fognini).
- First-Time Winner Spotlight: David Goffin
- Goffin Wins Maiden Title In Kitzbühel
- Finns Kontinen/Nieminen Claim Kitzbühel Crown
- Thiem, Goffin Eye First ATP World Tour Title In Kitzbühel Final
- Austrian Thiem Keeps Title Hopes Alive In Kitzbühel, Plays Monaco In SFs
- Goffin To Play Gonzalez In Kitzbühel SFs