ROGERS CUP 2012
Top Chef Kohlschreiber Feels The Heat
by ATP Staff|
Philipp Kohlschreiber hit the cooking station in the players’ lounge at the Rogers Cup, and prepared his own meal while waiting for his match against American John Isner during the rain delay Thursday in Toronto.
“Are you cooking on your own again?” the chefs asked the German, who enjoys cooking back home and picks up tips from professional chefs at tournaments.
Kohlschreiber went for pasta with veggies and chicken, hoping that a self-cooked meal would bring him luck against his tall challenge coming up. Isner leads the FedEx ATP Head2Head series 2-0, including a three-set win earlier this year at the Internazionali BNL d'Italia in Rome.
With all singles matches rained out Thursday, the 18th-ranked Kohlschreiber will play Isner on Friday not before 1 p.m. on Grandstand Court. The winner will face Canadian No. 1 Milos Raonic in the evening session.
- Isner To Play Entire Emirates Airline US Open Series
- Kohlschreiber Saves 5 M.P. In Halle; Nishikori, Federer To Clash
- Kohlschreiber Confident Ahead Of Grass Swing In Halle
- Kohlschreiber Captures Dusseldorf Title
- Kohlschreiber Begins Düsseldorf Title Bid; Monaco Beats Granollers For QF Berth
- The Last Time... With Philipp Kohlschreiber