ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Mahut/Roger-Vasselin Advance To Metz Final
by ATP Staff|
Mahut and Roger-Vasselin won 87 per cent of their first serve points and saved all three break points they faced to advance in 61 minutes.
The Frenchmen are through to their third final on home soil this season, having lifted trophies in Montpellier (d. Hanley/Murray) and Marseille (d. Brown/Tsonga). They also reached the semi-finals at the ATP World Tour 500 event in Washington (l. to Anderson/Querrey).
At the St. Petersburg Open, top seeds Rajeev Ram and Nenad Zimonjic edged fourth-seeded Frank Moser and Ken Skupski 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 10-5. The American/Serbian duo won three fewer total points but won all eight of their service points in the Match Tie-break to prevail in two hours and two minutes.
Zimonjic is a two-time former titlist, partnering Julian Knowle (2003) and Daniel Nestor (2007) to victory. He and Ram will look to triumph on their team debut when they play Lukas Lacko and Igor Zelenay for the crown.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown