ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Mahut/Roger-Vasselin Advance To Metz Final
by ATP Staff|
Mahut and Roger-Vasselin won 87 per cent of their first serve points and saved all three break points they faced to advance in 61 minutes.
The Frenchmen are through to their third final on home soil this season, having lifted trophies in Montpellier (d. Hanley/Murray) and Marseille (d. Brown/Tsonga). They also reached the semi-finals at the ATP World Tour 500 event in Washington (l. to Anderson/Querrey).
At the St. Petersburg Open, top seeds Rajeev Ram and Nenad Zimonjic edged fourth-seeded Frank Moser and Ken Skupski 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 10-5. The American/Serbian duo won three fewer total points but won all eight of their service points in the Match Tie-break to prevail in two hours and two minutes.
Zimonjic is a two-time former titlist, partnering Julian Knowle (2003) and Daniel Nestor (2007) to victory. He and Ram will look to triumph on their team debut when they play Lukas Lacko and Igor Zelenay for the crown.
- Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
- Bryans Extend Winning Streak, Reach Monte-Carlo QFs
- Bryans Retain Indian Wells Title
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Germany Meets France In Davis Cup QFs; U.S. Stays Alive
- Switzerland Triumphs; Czech Republic, Japan, Kazakhstan On The Brink