ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Defending Champs Fleming/Hutchins Bow Out In St. Pete
by ATP Staff|
Martin Klizan and Filip Polasek knocked out defending champions and No. 2 seeds Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins 7-5, 2-6, 10-4 in the St. Petersburg Open quarter-finals on Thursday. Klizan and Polasek are teaming up for the first time in ATP World Tour main draw action.
Another Slovakian duo, Lukas Lacko and Igor Zelenay, also accounted for a seeded tandem, winning exactly three more points than No. 3 seeds Frantisek Cermak and Michal Mertinak in a 4-6, 6-3, 10-7 victory. Lacko and Zelenay are making their partnership debut this week.
At the Moselle Open, second-seeded Frenchmen Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin edged Daniel Brands and Jesse Levine 3-6, 6-3, 10-7. Mahut and Roger-Vasselin have enjoyed success on home soil this season, winning the indoor hard-court titles in Montpellier and Marseille.
- Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
- Bryans Extend Winning Streak, Reach Monte-Carlo QFs
- Bryans Retain Indian Wells Title
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Germany Meets France In Davis Cup QFs; U.S. Stays Alive
- Switzerland Triumphs; Czech Republic, Japan, Kazakhstan On The Brink