ST. PETERSBURG OPEN 2012
Zimonjic, Berankis Visit Historic Russian Village
St. Petersburg, Russia
by ATP Staff|
Ahead of opening their respective campaigns at the St. Petersburg Open, Serbia’s Nenad Zimonjic and Lithuanian Ricardas Berankis visited the Russian village of Shuvalovka on Monday. Shuvalovka replicates the traditional wooden architecture and countryside lifestyle of the XVIII and XIX centuries.
After learning about the historic way of life, Zimonjic and Berankis each painted a Matryoshka, a traditional Russian doll, which will later be auctioned with the proceeds going to charity.
Along with American Rajeev Ram, Nenad Zimonjic is the doubles top seed at this week’s St. Petersburg Open. In the first round of this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament, Ram and Zimonjic will face Italians Flavio Cipolla and Paolo Lorenzi. Meanwhile, the No. 89-ranked Berankis will open against Germany’s Philipp Petzschner in the singles.
Donate To ATP ACES For Charity
- Rafa Latest To Take ALS Challenge
- Federer Accepts #IceBucketChallenge
- ATP Staff Continues Fight Against ALS In #IceBucketChallenge
- Ice, Ice Djokovic Completes #IceBucketChallenge
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Challenger Spotlight: Goffin Triumphs In Tampere For Third Straight Title