ST. PETERSBURG OPEN 2012
Zimonjic, Berankis Visit Historic Russian Village
St. Petersburg, Russia
by ATP Staff|
Ahead of opening their respective campaigns at the St. Petersburg Open, Serbia’s Nenad Zimonjic and Lithuanian Ricardas Berankis visited the Russian village of Shuvalovka on Monday. Shuvalovka replicates the traditional wooden architecture and countryside lifestyle of the XVIII and XIX centuries.
After learning about the historic way of life, Zimonjic and Berankis each painted a Matryoshka, a traditional Russian doll, which will later be auctioned with the proceeds going to charity.
Along with American Rajeev Ram, Nenad Zimonjic is the doubles top seed at this week’s St. Petersburg Open. In the first round of this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament, Ram and Zimonjic will face Italians Flavio Cipolla and Paolo Lorenzi. Meanwhile, the No. 89-ranked Berankis will open against Germany’s Philipp Petzschner in the singles.
Donate To ATP ACES For Charity
- Isner, Gimelstob Receive ATP ACES For Charity Grants
- Haas, Almagro Lead Charity Tennis Clinic
- Sa, Soares Receive ATP ACES For Charity Grant Cheque For WimBelemDon Project
- Fognini, Almagro Paint For Charity
- Nestor/Zimonjic Clinch Sydney Crown
- ATP Announces 'ATP ACES For Charity' Grant Recipients For 2014