ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Bracciali/Melo Cruise Past Americans In Kuala Lumpur
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares converted four of their seven break point opportunities and dropped seven of their service points to oust wild cards Yew-Ming Si and Jimmy Wang 6-2, 6-2 in 53 minutes. They go onto meet Nikolay Davydenko and Dick Norman, who defeated Mikhail Elgin and Denis Istomin 6-3, 6-0 in 51 minutes.
Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins improved to a 27-16 match record on the season after they beat Alejandro Falla and Igor Sijsling 6-3, 6-2 in 56 minutes. The Britons are bidding to capture their second ATP World Tour title of the year.
At the Thailand Open in Bangkok, third seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco lost just eight points on serve as they dismissed French pairing Gael Monfils and Gilles Simon 6-0, 6-1 in 40 minutes. The Spaniards improved to a 22-6 match record on the season and are bidding to win their fifth ATP World Tour title of the year.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Nishikori Boosts London Chances With Kuala Lumpur Win
- Murray, Nishikori Look To Further London Bids In Sunday Finals
- Matkowski/Paes Triumph In Kuala Lumpur