ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 39
Murray/Sa Scrape Past Bangkok Second Seeds; 'Polish Power' On Form
by ATP Staff|
Jamie Murray and Andre Sa scraped past second seeds Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky 6-4, 3-6, 10-7 in just over 90 minutes on Wednesday at the Thailand Open in Bangkok. It was their first match win as a team. Murray, 26, finished runner-up in 2006 with his brother, Andy Murray.
Top seeds Leander Paes and Horia Tecau opened their campaign at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tournament with a 6-4, 7-5 victory over Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer. Playing together for the first time, the Indian/Romanian pairing broke serve three times from eight opportunities to prevail in 83 minutes.
Former champions Sanchai Ratiwatana and Sonchat Ratiwatana reached the semi-finals as they upset third seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco 6-3, 1-6, 10-6. The Thai twins lifted the trophy in 2007, defeating Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut.
At the Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur, top seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski dismissed Malaysian wild cards Mohd Assri Merzuki and Syed Mohd Agil Syed Naguib 6-1, 6-3 in 42 minutes. The ‘Polish Power’ lost only seven points on serve and broke their opponents four times.
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Nishikori Boosts London Chances With Kuala Lumpur Win
- Murray, Nishikori Look To Further London Bids In Sunday Finals
- Matkowski/Paes Triumph In Kuala Lumpur
- Nishikori To Challenge Benneteau In Kuala Lumpur Final
- Nishikori Surges Into Kuala Lumpur Semis