MALAYSIAN OPEN, KUALA LUMPUR 2012
Ferrer Moves Closer To Sixth Title Of 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
by ATP Staff|
Chasing his sixth title of the season, David Ferrer rallied from a set down Friday to reach the Kuala Lumpur semi-finals with a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 win over Dutchman Igor Sijsling. Ferrer's tour-leading 62nd match win of the year earned him a showdown with seventh-seeded Frenchman Julien Benneteau.
Benneteau dismissed Colombia’s Alejandro Falla 6-2, 6-2 in 58 minutes to reach his third semi-final of the season. The Frenchman, who was runner-up to Jarkko Nieminen at the Apia International Sydney in January, claimed his 24th win of the season as he dropped just seven points on serve and broke Falla on four occasions.
"I just tried to stay focussed on my game and what I needed to do," said Benneteau. "Today I played very good technically. I wanted to be the one who was decisive on the court and it was a good match."
- Gasquet, Tsonga Power France Into Final
- Gasquet, Tsonga Give France 2-0 Lead Over Czechs
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Roger Reigns In Cincy: How The Western & Southern Open Was Won
- Ferrer Tops Benneteau For Cincy Final Berth