MALAYSIAN OPEN, KUALA LUMPUR 2012
Ferrer Moves Closer To Sixth Title Of 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
by ATP Staff|
Chasing his sixth title of the season, David Ferrer rallied from a set down Friday to reach the Kuala Lumpur semi-finals with a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 win over Dutchman Igor Sijsling. Ferrer's tour-leading 62nd match win of the year earned him a showdown with seventh-seeded Frenchman Julien Benneteau.
Benneteau dismissed Colombia’s Alejandro Falla 6-2, 6-2 in 58 minutes to reach his third semi-final of the season. The Frenchman, who was runner-up to Jarkko Nieminen at the Apia International Sydney in January, claimed his 24th win of the season as he dropped just seven points on serve and broke Falla on four occasions.
"I just tried to stay focussed on my game and what I needed to do," said Benneteau. "Today I played very good technically. I wanted to be the one who was decisive on the court and it was a good match."
- Djokovic Now 21 Matches Unbeaten, Reaches Sixth Rome Final
- Granollers/Lopez To Face Cuevas/Marrero In Rome Doubles Final
- Watch Hot Shot As Ferrer Holds Off Goffin
- Gasquet Upends Kyrgios For Estoril Crown
- Nishikori Closes In On Barcelona Final; Ferrer Advances To SF
- Djokovic Survives Dolgopolov For Miami QF Against Ferrer