MALAYSIAN OPEN, KUALA LUMPUR 2012
Benneteau, Ebden, Ramos Cruise To Wins
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
by ATP Staff|
Seventh seed Julien Benneteau opened his campaign at the Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday with a 7-6(2), 6-3 victory over Argentine Carlos Berlocq. The Frenchman saved four of the five break points he faced and won 75 per cent of points behind his first serve to claim victory in 90 minutes.
The 30-year-old Benneteau is making his debut at this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament. The right-hander improved to a 22-19 match record on the season, highlighted by a runner-up showing at the Apia International Sydney (l. to Nieminen).
Spaniard Albert Ramos hit 14 aces and won 80 per cent of his service points to beat Austrian qualifier Julian Knowle 6-1, 6-4 in 70 minutes. Doubles specialist Knowle, 38, was playing his first main singles match since January 2005 at the Aircel Chennai Open (l. to Moya).
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Nishikori Boosts London Chances With Kuala Lumpur Win
- Murray, Nishikori Look To Further London Bids In Sunday Finals
- Matkowski/Paes Triumph In Kuala Lumpur
- Nishikori To Challenge Benneteau In Kuala Lumpur Final
- Nishikori Surges Into Kuala Lumpur Semis