MALAYSIAN OPEN, KUALA LUMPUR 2012
Ferrer, Monaco Hit The Heights In Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
by ATP Staff|
The Spaniard and the Argentine enjoyed spectacular views over the city and posed for photos in front of the impressive Kuala Lumpur skyline, featuring the Petronas Towers.
“It feels great to be back here,” said Ferrer, who was a semi-finalist in 2010 (l. to Golubev). “I have been here two times already, but I could never win the tournament. I hope for better chances this year, but the draw is very strong.” The Valencia native opens his campaign against either Great Britain’s Dominic Inglot or Russian Alex Bogomolov Jr.
Monaco added, “It’s my first time in Kuala Lumpur and I’m excited to get to know the city.” The 28 year old faces Chinese Taipei wild card Jimmy Wang in the first round.
“They both come off a long trip and we are very happy to welcome them in Kuala Lumpur," said Tournament Director, Nick Freyer.
- Raonic Keeps Alive His London Bid With Nail-biting Paris win
- Murray Beats Ferrer In Valencia; Strengthens Bid For London Berth
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Murray Wins Vienna Thriller Over Ferrer; Boosts London Qualification Hopes
- Murray To Face Ferrer In Vienna Final; Both Continue Push For London
- Ferrer Beats Murray In Battle Of London Contenders