DAVIS CUP 2012
Nadal Withdraws From Spain's SF Tie
by ATP Staff|
World No. 3 Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from Spain’s Davis Cup semi-final tie against the United States next week due to a left knee injury.
“I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest,” said Nadal.
“I will be back when I have no pain and [I am] able to compete with guarantee. I feel better after the meeting with my doctors and [I am] happy knowing that the evolution of the past weeks has been positive and surgery has been avoided.
“I will continue to work with the plan my doctors have established to be able to compete as soon as possible in the right conditions. I would also like to thank [everyone] for the support I am receiving.”
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Federer: “This One’s For The Boys”
- Federer Adds To Legacy, Helps Switzerland Clinch First Davis Cup Crown
- Federer/Wawrinka Hand Swiss Advantage In Davis Cup Final
- Monfils Blasts Past Federer To Keep France's Davis Cup Hopes Alive