US OPEN 2012
2012 US Open Reaches Millions Of Fans
New York, U.S.A.
by Press Release|
Television viewership of the three-set women’s singles final featuring Serena Williams defeating Victoria Azarenka on CBS Sports was the highest since 2002, with 17.7 million viewers watching all or part of the match. The men’s five-set thriller where Andy Murray captured his first Grand Slam victory by defeating Novak Djokovic was seen by 16.2 million viewers on CBS Sports, the most viewers to watch a men’s singles final since 2007. This year’s was broadcast in 180 countries around the world, and aired on CBS Sports, ESPN and Tennis Channel in the U.S.
The tournament’s official website, USOpen.org, generated more than 325 million page views and was accessed by more than 11.7 million visitors worldwide; the fourth consecutive year unique visitors have topped 10 million. More than 2.8 million hours of free live streaming was viewed by fans domestically. The free streaming was available across computers, mobile devices and tablets.
- Federer, Wawrinka Lead Swiss Bid For Davis Cup Final
- Cilic Visits Kelly & Michael, Charlie Rose, David Letterman
- Cilic Reads Top 10 List On Letterman
- Cilic Crowned US Open Champion, Ends Nishikori's Historic Run
- Nishikori: “I Showed I Can Beat Anybody”
- Cilic Overpowers Nishikori: How The US Open Final Was Won