ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 40
Paes/Stepanek Reach Tokyo Final; Berlocq/Istomin To Face Bryans In Beijing
by ATP Staff|
Paes and Stepanek were never troubled on serve and capitalised on four of their seven break points to advance in 64 minutes. They are through to their second straight final following their runner-up finish at the US Open to Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan.
The Australian Open champions are looking to add to season triumphs in Melbourne (d. Bryan/Bryan) and the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Miami (d. Mirnyi/Nestor).
The two will face No. 4 seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares for the title on Sunday. Peya and Soares beat Tomas Berdych and Nenad Zimonjic 6-4, 6-4 in 77 minutes. The Austrian/Brazilian duo are looking to win their second title in a row, having begun the Asian swing by lifting the trophy in Kuala Lumpur (d. Fleming/Hutchins).
At the China Open in Beijing, Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin knocked out British duo Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins 6-2, 6-3 in 71 minutes. Berlocq has a 1-3 record in ATP World Tour finals, while Istomin will appear in his first title match. They will play top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan on Sunday.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown