ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 40
Berdych/Zimonjic Beat London Contenders In Tokyo Opener
by ATP Staff|
Tomas Berdych and Nenad Zimonjic converted one of their eight break point opportunities to beat second seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer 7-6(5), 6-3 in 92 minutes on Tuesday at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships in Tokyo. Berdych and Zimonjic hit six aces and won 78 per cent of their service points against the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals contenders.
At the China Open in Beijing, third seeds and last year's finalists Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau, who have already qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, defeated Spaniards Fernando Verdasco 7-6(3), 6-3 in 77 minutes to improve to a 44-16 match record on the season.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Dominant Djokovic Has Year-End No. 1 In Sight After “Best Final In My Career”
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal Compete In Shanghai
- Djokovic Claims Fifth Beijing Title
- Nishikori Wins Tokyo Crown, Improves London Chances