SHANGHAI ROLEX MASTERS 2012
Kohlschreiber, Verdasco Advance To Shanghai Second Round
by ATP Staff|
German Philipp Kohlschreiber, the No. 16 seed, defeated American Ryan Harrison 6-4, 6-4 in 73 minutes on Sunday for a place in the Shanghai Rolex Masters second round. Kohlschreiber will next face Spaniard Feliciano Lopez or Alejandro Falla of Colombia.
Spaniard Fernando Verdasco recorded his 30th match win of the season after he beat Go Soeda of Japan 6-2, 6-4. Verdasco hit six aces and saved five of six break points and will next meet seventh-seeded Argentine Juan Monaco.
Slovakian Martin Klizan converted all four of his break point opportunities to knock out Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil 6-3, 6-4 in 88 minutes. Klizan won his first ATP World Tour title at the St. Petersburg Open (d. Fognini) seven days ago.
- Nishikori Launches Asian Swing
- Shanghai, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2013 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Brain Game: Novak Keeps On The Offense
- Djokovic Retains Shanghai Crown; Lifts 15th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Trophy
- Djokovic "Feels The Love" In Shanghai
- Del Potro: "I Think I'm Playing Even Better Than 2009"