SHANGHAI ROLEX MASTERS 2012
Anderson Bounces Back With Querrey
by ATP Staff|
He may have come out on the wrong end of an epic 2hr., 45min., first-round singles match earlier in the day, squandering three match points in defeat to John Isner, but Kevin Anderson swiftly bounced back in doubles action Tuesday at the Shanghai Rolex Masters. The South African teamed up with Sam Querrey to defeat Alexandr Dolgopolov and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 5-7, 18-16 in 90 minutes.
Anderson and Querrey are playing their third ATP World Tour tournament together. They reached the final of the Citi Open in Washington D.C., on their team debut (l. to Huey/Inglot). In the second round they will face Australian Open champions Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek.
Tomas Berdych and Nenad Zimonjic scraped into the second round when they defeated Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky 6-4, 3-6, 10-6 in 63 minutes. Last week’s semi-finalists at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships lost just 10 of their service points. They go onto face second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor.
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Watch Shanghai Hot Shot Reel