SHANGHAI ROLEX MASTERS 2012
Anderson Bounces Back With Querrey
by ATP Staff|
He may have come out on the wrong end of an epic 2hr., 45min., first-round singles match earlier in the day, squandering three match points in defeat to John Isner, but Kevin Anderson swiftly bounced back in doubles action Tuesday at the Shanghai Rolex Masters. The South African teamed up with Sam Querrey to defeat Alexandr Dolgopolov and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 5-7, 18-16 in 90 minutes.
Anderson and Querrey are playing their third ATP World Tour tournament together. They reached the final of the Citi Open in Washington D.C., on their team debut (l. to Huey/Inglot). In the second round they will face Australian Open champions Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek.
Tomas Berdych and Nenad Zimonjic scraped into the second round when they defeated Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky 6-4, 3-6, 10-6 in 63 minutes. Last week’s semi-finalists at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships lost just 10 of their service points. They go onto face second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown