ERSTE BANK OPEN 2012
Del Potro Takes In Sights Of Vienna
by ATP Staff|
World No. 7 Juan Martin Del Potro makes his return to action this week at the Erste Bank Open. On Monday, the top seed enjoyed a ride on Vienna’s famous giant wheel, together with his coach Franco Davin and tournament director Herwig Straka.
The 24-year-old del Potro reached the final on his second appearance at this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard court tournament last year, finishing runner-up to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
"Before coming here I was home in Argentina recovering and getting ready to come back," said del Potro. "It feels great to be back in Vienna and I enjoyed the visit to the Prater. It’s nice to see something of this beautiful city. The view from up there [the giant wheel] is great and makes me want to see more. I will go for a walk in the city this week for sure."
Del Potro is looking to press his claim in the race to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. With three places remaining at the year-end championships, the Tandil native is currently seventh in the South African Airways ATP Rankings Race To London.
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations