ERSTE BANK OPEN 2012
Matosevic Upsets Sixth Seed Haase In Vienna
by ATP Staff|
Australian Marinko Matosevic recovered from a slow start to knock out sixth-seeded Dutchman Robin Haase 1-6, 6-3, 6-2 in the first round of the Erste Bank Open on Monday. After going 0 for 4 on his break point opportunities in the first set, Matosevic converted on all four of his chances in the second and third.
The 27-year-old Matosevic entered Vienna at a career-high No. 55 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings after qualifying for the Shanghai Rolex Masters last week (l. to Raonic in first round). He has a 15-17 season record, highlighted by a runner-up finish at Delray Beach as a qualifier (l. to Anderson).
World No. 81 Muller, who evens his season match record to 19-19, next confronts top Austrian Jurgen Melzer. The fourth-seeded Melzer won back-to-back titles at his hometown tournament in 2009-10.
- Haas Claims Vienna Title, Stays In London Hunt
- Rosol, Mergea Win First Title in Vienna
- Haas Reaches Vienna Final; Tsonga Suffers Defeat
- Tsonga Joins Haas, Rosol, Haase In Vienna Semis
- Tsonga Makes Winning Return To Vienna; Haas Fights Past Mecir
- Miloslav Mecir Following In Father's Footsteps In Vienna