BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2012
Fleming/Hutchins Edge Isner/Querrey In Paris Opener
by ATP Staff|
British duo Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins reached the second round of the BNP Paribas Masters on Monday as they edged Americans John Isner and Sam Querrey 6-7(4), 7-6(4), 10-7 in a match where neither team was able to break serve.
Hutchins and Fleming have won two ATP World Tour titles together this season and improved to a 36-21 match record. They go onto face fourth seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who are pushing to claim one of the final two spots at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
Croatian/Brazilian pairing Marin Cilic and Marcelo Melo earned a second-round clash with third seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau after beating Jeremy Chardy and Lukasz Kubot 6-3, 6-4 in 64 minutes.
Second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor will open their campaign against Christopher Kas and Andreas Seppi after the German/Italian duo battled past Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek 6-7(10), 7-6(4), 10-6 in just under two hours.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect