BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2012
Poles Win Paris Opener To Boost London Bid
by ATP Staff|
Fourth seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski boosted their chances of qualifying for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals on Wednesday, rallying past Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 in the second round of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. The Poles hit 15 aces in the 75-minute victory.
Fyrstenberg and Matkowski currently hold the final qualifying position in the ATP Doubles Team Rankings Race To London. They are battling Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer and Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna for the last two berths. Fyrstenberg and Matkowski have competed at the year-end championships in six of the past seven seasons.
Second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor eased past Christopher Kas and Andreas Seppi 7-6(3), 6-2 in 69 minutes. Mirnyi and Nestor, seeking their fifth team title of the season, capitalised on all four of their break points against the German/Italian duo.
- Kokkinakis, Mathieu Among Roland Garros 2015 Wild Card Recipients
- Peya/Soares Capture Munich Doubles Title
- Paes/Hingis Win Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- New Teams Make Impact In Opening Weeks Of Season
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash