PLAYER NEWS 2012
Djokovic Buys Expensive Supply Of Donkey Cheese
by ATP Staff|
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who is set to open a chain of restaurants in Serbia, has bought the world's entire supply of donkey cheese.
Pule, a Serbian delicacy, is a white cheese made with donkey's milk, which sells for €1,000 ($1,233) a kilogram.
The cheese is produced at a farm in Zasavica, west of Belgrade. Each kilogram requires 25 litres of donkey milk, with the females in the 130-strong herd being milked three times a day.
The farm's manager, Slobodan Simic, told London’s Daily Telegraph, “It will save a lot of effort having to deal with various restaurants, with only one customer buying the lot we don't have to worry too much about salesmen. It is a great vote of confidence as well, in what we do here."
- Federer Challenges Djokovic In No. 1 Battle
- Djokovic: "Federer Is Playing As Good As Ever"
- Novak & Roger: The Rivalry
- Djokovic Reaches Shanghai SFs, Extends Winning Streak In China
- Djokovic Made To Work In Shanghai; Plays Ferrer In QFs
- Dominant Djokovic Has Year-End No. 1 In Sight After “Best Final In My Career”